Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
Things You Should Know About STDs
Preventing the spread of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) is everyone's responsibility. To find out the first things you need to know about STDs, keep reading below!
- Some of the more commonly known STDs are gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, herpes, and HIV.
- If you think that you or your partner may have been exposed, don't wait to get tested and treated.
- Confidential treatment is available to anyone by calling the Sexually Transmitted Disease Control Program at 301-583-3150.
- Parental consent for STD testing or treatment is not required for those age 13 years and older.
- STDs will not go away if left untreated.
- What are Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)?
- How do I know if I have an STD?
- Am I at-risk for an STD?
- What happens if I have an STD?