Temporary Food Service Facility Permits

A line of food trucks parked serving customers.


What You Need to Know

If you're thinking about selling food at a public event in Prince George’s County, you might need a Temporary Food Service Facility Permit. These permits are given to people who want to sell food or drinks at fairs, festivals, carnivals, community days, concession stands, or other special events.

Applying for the Permit

To get the permit, you need to fill out an online application and pay the fee at least five business days before the event. You can apply online by visiting Momentum. If you already have an account, log in; if not, sign up. The online system will guide you to a payment system to finish the application. If you don't pay online, your application won't be complete.

What Happens Next

Applicants for temporary food service permits will get a message the week before the event. Everyone, including vendors and organizers, should be ready for an inspection during the event. Temporary food service operations must follow certain rules, which you can find under temporary and special food service requirements. The inspector will give you the permit at the event or send it to you by email beforehand.

Other Permits

You might need more permits from other County departments. Contact the Department of Permitting, Inspections, and Enforcement for more information.