Maryland Children's Health Program (MCHP)
Maryland Children’s Health Program (MCHP)
The Maryland Children’s Health Program (MCHP)/Medicaid Eligibility Unit assists pregnant women, adults, and children in applying for the MCHP/Medicaid through the Maryland Health Connection Exchange (MHCE).
Case Workers at the Health Department assist eligible residents with determining their eligibility for Health Insurance. Provide information on Manage Care Organizations (MCO) and assists with MCO enrollment when requested.
Who is Eligible for MCHP/Medicaid?
- Those eligible for MCHP are uninsured children under the age of 19, whose household modified adjusted gross income (MAGI) is at or below 211% of the federal poverty level (FPL) for their family size.
- Uninsured children under the age of 19 may qualify for MCHP Premium if their household income is above the MCHP guidelines but is at or below 322% of the federal poverty level for their family size. MCHP Premium requires a small monthly premium fee per family.
- Customers with children under the age of 21, whose household income is below 123% of the federal poverty level.
- Childless adults under the age of 64 with income below 138% may qualify for Medicaid.
The following healthcare services are covered by the Maryland Children’s Health Program (MCHP)/Medicaid:
- Doctor visits (wellness and sick care)
- Hospitalizations, including lab work and tests
- Dental care through the Maryland Healthy Smiles Dental Program
- Vision care
- Dental care is free for children and pregnant women enrolled in Medicaid and MCHP, as well as for adults in Rare and Expensive Case Management (REM).
- Beginning January 1, 2023, dental care is free for adults enrolled in Medicaid.
How do I apply?
To apply to Maryland Children’s Health Program (MCHP), visit the Health Department.
Prince George’s County Health Department
425 Brightseat Road
Landover, MD 20785
- Government-issued photo identification (Passport, driver’s license, identification card)
- Most recent income documents (all sources of income)
- Citizenship Documents (passport, birth certificate, or naturalization certificate)
- Immigration Documents (I-94 form, work authorization, or permanent resident card)
- Social Security card
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. | No Appointment Necessary
425 Brightseat Road
Landover, Maryland 20785
Maryland Children’s Health Program (MCHP)/Medicaid, call 301-324-2933 or 301-324-2932.