Skip to main content
Tips to Beat the Heat
Hot Weather Tips
- If you experience a medical emergency, dial 911 or visit a local emergency room. Be prepared.
- Stay informed about the weather, and prepare to care for yourself and your family when serious conditions are expected.
- If necessary, stay out of the heat by going to a cooling center or any place with air conditioning.
How to Stay Cool at Home
- Check on relatives and friends, especially the elderly
- Increase time spent in air-conditioned environments like libraries, malls, and movie theatres
- Eat smaller meals, more often
- Take cool baths
- Make sure pets have access to water and shade