The Maternal and Child Health Center at Laurel
The Maternal and Child Health Center at Laurel was established in 2022 as a pregnancy prevention, reproductive health, and adolescent/pediatric health program.
At the Maternal and Child Health Center at Laurel, our mission is to help children and adolescents grow to be happy and healthy adults. We partner with parents and the community to create a safe space for adolescents to engage in conversations about sexual, mental, and emotional health.
Maternal and pediatric residents under 20 years of age.
Fees for service are based on income; however not all programs charge fees. No client is turned away because of an inability to pay.
Services are provided by a dedicated staff of:
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Registered Nurses
- Clinical Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Clerical Support
Services provided at the Center includes:
- Reproductive Healthcare
- Family Planning/Pregnancy Prevention/Birth Control
- HIV/STI (Sexually Transmitted Infections) Prevention, Testing and Treatment
- Pregnancy Testing
- Wellness Exams and Education
- School/Sports Physical Examinations
- Referrals to other county services
- Parental Involvement with Patient Consent