Environmental Complaints

Submit a Complaint

PGC311 allows you to:

  • Scroll through different topics and find answers to common questions.
  • Enter a Request Service.
  • Track the status of your request.

Complaints we Handle

The Prince George's County Health Department (Dial 311) responds to:

  • Problems at food places like restaurants, grocery stores, carry-outs, or convenience stores.
  • Food safety worries about mobile food trucks or special events.
  • Sewer overflows in partnership with Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission.
  • Issues with well water quality or systems not following the rules.
  • Violations at public swimming pools and spas.
  • Complaints about smoke, odors, open burning, dust, and other pollutants.
  • Improper dumping of household wastes, industrial wastes, hazardous wastes, and special medical wastes.
  • Suspected pollution in County streams and waterways.
  • Oil spills or incorrect oil disposal.
  • Concerns related to the Clean Indoor Air Act (CIAA) of 2007, which says no to smoking in indoor places like restaurants, bars, and most other businesses with indoor spots open to the public in Maryland.