About the Health Department
All Prince Georgians are their healthiest at every age and every stage.
To lead, engage, and empower our community to work collaboratively towards disease prevention, health equity, and total well-being.
- Equity, diversity, and inclusivity that reflects and supports all Prince Georgians.
- Respect and a commitment to caring for our community and each other.
- Teamwork in building a better future together.
- Accountability and Integrity to our teams and in our work.
- Innovation in driving change and seeking new solutions.
- Excellence in driving us toward achievement
Health Department Strategic Plan
The Behavioral Health Division offers a variety of service and treatment options to promote the emotional and physical well-being of Prince George’s County residents.
The Environmental Health Division promotes and protects the safety of County residents through environmental regulation, inspections, public education, emergency preparedness, and disease control.
Family Health Services
The Family Health Services provide preventive, clinical and outreach health services to Prince George’s County residents.
Health & Wellness
The Division of Health and Wellness is responsible for encouraging behavioral changes that will better the health and longevity of Prince George’s County residents.