What is the criteria for enrollment?
To be considered for the ACIS program, the client must be a resident of Prince George’s County, currently enrolled in Maryland Medicaid, and meet at least one health criteria and one housing criteria listed below.
- Repeated incidents of emergency department (ED) use (defined as more than 4 visits per year) or hospital admissions;
- Two or more chronic conditions as defined in Section 1945(h)(2) of the Social Security Act (including, but not limited to, the following: a mental health condition, substance use disorder, asthma, diabetes, heart disease, being overweight as evidenced by having a Body Mass Index (BMI) over 25).
- Individuals who will experience homelessness upon release from the settings defined in 24 CFR 578.3 (such as a health-care facility, a mental health facility, substance abuse facility, foster care or other youth facility, or correction program or institution);
- Those homeless and at imminent risk of institutionalization.
How do I make a referral?
To refer yourself or another person into the program, please call 301-883-3413 to request a Referral Form and a Release of Information form.
For more information about ACIS or to become a participating entity or community partner, please call 301-883-7802.
- Jobs Have Priority, Inc.
- Mission of Love Charities, Inc.
- People Encouraging People, Inc.
- Prince George’s County Department of Social Services
- Prince George’s County Fire/EMS (Mobile Integrated Health)
- Prince George’s Healthcare Alliance, Inc.
- Vesta, Inc.
- Amerigroup Maryland, Inc.
- Local Behavioral Health Authority
- Prince George’s County Department of Corrections
- Prince George’s County Housing Authority