Lead Testing Services
In Prince George's County:
- All children between 6 months and 6 years of age should have a blood test for lead.
- Remind your doctor to test your child if it is not part of their regular care.
- It is especially important for children who live or spend time in older homes with peeling paint.
Prince George's County Health Department provides several services to residents as part of the Lead and Healthy Homes Program, including:
- Nursing case management for children with high lead levels in their blood. We also provide testing for uninsured children. Call 301-883-7538.
- Environmental assessments of residences for the presence of lead, in response to confirmed medical reports of elevated blood levels in children and adults. Call 301-883-7662.
- Referrals to the Maryland Occupational Safety and Health (MOSH) Program as necessary, when adult lead exposure is suspected in the workplace.
- Educational programs concerning potential lead exposure and safe lead paint abatement techniques.
- Telephone consultations on asthma triggers, mold, and other indoor air contaminants.
Also, we provide telephone consultations regarding lead in drinking water. Call 301-883-7651.