Living Well Chronic Disease Self-Management Program
The Living Well Chronic Disease Self-Management Program is a self-management class for anyone with a chronic condition (arthritis, diabetes, heart disease, hypertension), or any other chronic condition that requires ongoing medication. Classes meet online once a week for six consecutive weeks for 2.5 hours and cover a variety of topics that support developing a healthier lifestyle. Registration is required.
Who Should Register?
If you have a chronic condition like arthritis, diabetes, heart disease, or any other chronic conditions that require ongoing medication, you can take charge of your health and live well! Registrants should be 18 years and over and have been diagnosed with a chronic condition by a health care professional. Caregivers and/or relatives are welcomed to attend.
Registration is free. For more information or to register for the Living Well Chronic Disease Self-Management Program, call (301) 856-9643 or send an email to WellnessInfo@co.pg.md.us. Once you complete the registration process, you will receive a follow-up confirmation call or email. The registration deadline is March 8, 2023.
2023 Virtual Class Schedule
- Session: February 23 - April 6, 2023 (Thursdays)
- Class Time: 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Class Dates: 2/23 (*orientation session) , 3/2, 3/9, 3/16, 3/23, 3/30, 4/6
- Location: All classes are online.The link to the online program will be emailed to registered participants prior to the start of the program.
For more information download the flyer
- Learn how to manage stress
- Improve knowledge of strength and endurance activities
- Practice communication and decision-making skills
- Learn how to develop a healthier lifestyle
- Learn how to problem-solve with your health care team
- Create and practice action plans
- Receive a Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions textbook for completion of the program
Disclaimer: This program requires a minimum number of participants for the classes to be offered.