In response to COVID-19, the Department of Public Works and Transportation will provide temporary renewals of Taxi Certificates and Identification cards upon request. Should you have any questions please contact the office at 301-883-5656.
Taxicabs provide essential transportation services and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has released detailed recommendations to keep the industry moving safely. Implementation of these recommendations by the taxi industry and passengers will assist in efforts to reduce the spread COVID-19.
The following links provide COVID-19 information, resources and cleaning guidance:
CDC Cleaning and Disinfecting Reopening Preparations
Taxicab Service is available throughout Prince George's County, Maryland and is provided by several licensed operators. All licensed taxicabs operate on a meter system, providing a safe, comfortable, efficient and affordable experience. These well-equipped vehicles are operated by qualified individuals who have knowledge of the county's streets and strive to provide excellent customer service.
Our goal is to protect the safety and welfare of our citizens by ensuring that businesses and individuals comply with county taxicab licensing laws by enforcing codes and regulations in a fair and professional manner.
Certification and licensing forms are provided below:
- Taxi Identification Card Application
- PG Certificate Transfer Application
- PG Certificate Change of Vehicle
- Taxi Renewal Application
The Taxicab Licensing Section provides the following services:
- Inspection of taxicabs and fare meters to ensure the high level of safety and customer service standards set forth in the County Code are met.
- Efficient enforcement of the Taxicab Code by County investigator.
- Renewal of Prince George's County Taxi certificates and change of vehicle processing.
- A streamlined process for issuing new and renewal of taxi driver's licenses.
- Investigation of complaints of poor quality service.