Lead Testing Services
In Prince George's County:
- All children aged between six months and six years should undergo a blood test for lead.
- Remind your doctor to include lead testing for your child during their regular care.
- It is especially crucial for children living or spending time in older homes with peeling paint.
The Prince George's County Health Department offers various services as part of the Lead and Healthy Homes Program:
Nursing Case Management:
- For children with high lead levels in their blood.
- Testing is also provided for uninsured children. Call 301-883-7538.
- Conducted in response to confirmed medical reports of elevated blood levels in children and adults.
- Call 301-883-7662 for assistance.
Referrals to MOSH Program:
- Made as necessary when adult lead exposure is suspected in the workplace.
- Providing information on potential lead exposure and safe lead paint reduction techniques.
- Available for asthma triggers, mold, and other indoor air contaminants.
Lead in Drinking Water Consultations:
- Call 301-883-7651 for telephone consultations regarding lead in drinking water.