Health Licensing

Age of Momentum Banner with M logo in middle of blue digital background

Momentum: A New Process for HEALTH PERMITS & LICENSES!

All Prince George's County Environmental and Food Health Permits and Licenses are processed in Momentum. The new system allows customers to submit applications, upload documentation and make payments online. (Although the previous online system has been disabled, your licenses will be available and visible on the Momentum platform.) Paper applications are no longer accepted for Health permits and licenses. When the applications have been reviewed and approved, customers will be able to print their licenses at work or at home.

  • For more information about Momentum, registration, step-by-step instructions, and "how to" videos, click Momentum.
  • To go straight to the application, click Momentum Portal.

The following Health permit and license applications must be submitted in the new Momentum system.

  • Food service facility permits/farmers market/mobile unit/temporary food service/vending machine
  • Food service manager certification & training 
  • Percolation testing (innovative and alternative)
  • Percolation testing contractor
  • Public swimming pool/spa licenses
  • Pool operator licenses
  • Scavenger company and vehicle licenses
  • Agricultural well certifications
  • Open land burning permits
  • Sewage contractor 
  • Bay Restoration Funds applications
  • Plat Review

If you have any questions, you may email or call 301-883-7605.

Longer Line to separate stories

Health Licensing Plan Review

To learn about the plan review process for health licenses and permits, click Plan Review.


Environmental Health Change in Permit/License Process

Please be advised all plans are required to be submitted electronically. Refer to the ePlan Applicant User Guide for instructions on how to submit plans. If you need assistance call:

  • Environmental Engineering/Policy Program:  301-883-7681
  • Food Protection/Policy Program:  301-883-7692
  • DPIE Health Review:  301-883-7621

COVID-19 UPDATE:  Building Reopening Guidance from the Health Department 

For guidance related to preparing and permitting facilities for reopening, please visit Building Reopening Guidance.


Farmers’ Market Procedures During COVID-19 Emergency

Modifications have been made to the Farmers’ Market Temporary Use Code Operations. For more information, view the Food Service Facility (FSF) Permits page and read the "COVID-19 Farmers’ Market Operations" list of vendor requirements.

Farmers’ Market Coordinator

To apply for a Farmers’ Market Permit, use DPIE’s online portal and select the Building Permit application.

Use the menu for Building Permit and select "ePlan Requested by the Applicant" option BEFORE the online application is submitted. Include the following information for the Farmer’s Market: beginning and ending dates of operation, hours of operation (from set up to end), number and sizes of all structures, tents/stages/generators, etc., that will be used at the Farmer’s Market in the WORK DESCRIPTION section of the application.

The following documents are required to be uploaded electronically (via ePlan):

  • Site plan showing the location of all structures that will be on the property that day.
  • A letter of authorization (not a contract) from the property owner.
  • If tents are used, the manufacturer’s flame retardation specifications/certification. Please indicate on the application the number and dimensions of tents that will be used for the event.
  • If generators are used, a master electrician has to obtain the electrical permit. Please indicate on the application the number of generators that will be used at the Farmer’s Market.
  • If there are structures i.e., tents/stages/platforms, structural drawings are required. Please indicate on the application the number of structures and dimensions that will be used at the Farmer’s Market.

To submit payment, use the link to Permit ePayments.

To schedule inspections, use the link to Third Party Inspections. To determine the requirements for your market, contact the Fire Marshall’s Office, Health Department Inspections and DPIE Inspections. Contact information is provided in the table on the Food Service Facility (FSF) Permits page.

Farmers’ Market Vendor

The Health Licensing’s Food Service Facility (FSF) Permits page has a link to the Farmer’s Market Vendor Permit.

After the Application is completed, please mail it along with a check or money order to the address at the top of the application or place it in the Licensing drop box located in the front of the DPIE building located at 9400 Peppercorn Place, Largo, MD 20774.