Plumbing Inspections & WSSC
WSSC has a satellite office at the Department of Permitting, Inspections, and Enforcement located at 9400 Peppercorn Place, Suite 650. The office is staffed by members of WSSC’s Development Services Group, including a Project Manager Supervisor and a Project Manager. The office hours of operation are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8 a.m.–3 p.m. and Wednesday 9 a.m.–3 p.m. The office closes for lunch every day from Noon to 12:30 p.m.
This office provides customers dealing with private new development or redevelopment projects support and coordination to facilitate the process of obtaining WSSC water and/or sewer plan approvals and permits including:
- Coordinate WSSC approvals necessary for building permit release.
- Review electronic water- and/or sewer-related plans:
- Systems Extension Permits
- Site Utility Plans
- Minor Site Utility Plans
- Hydraulic Analysis
- Planning Commission Preliminary Plans
- Provide guidance and information regarding permitting processes.
- Joint WSSC and county staff consultation of construction projects and development.
- Joint WSSC and DPIE issue resolution as part of the development subdivision/site plan approval process.
- Manage plumbing and gas service connection permits electronically via the Momentum portal.
Plumbing inspections are handled by the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission.
Please call them at 301-206-8886. Or call 301-206-4003 for more information.