Plumbing Work by Contractors
DPIE does not review plumbing plans or issue any plumbing permits. All plumbing permits are issued by Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC), which has a satellite office at DPIE. Office hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. and Wednesday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
This office provides customers dealing with private new development or redevelopment projects support and coordination to facilitate the process of obtaining WSSC water and/or sewer plan approvals and permits including:
- Coordinate WSSC approvals necessary for building permit release.
- Review electronic water- and/or sewer-related plans:
- Systems Extension Permits
- Site Utility Plans
- Minor Site Utility Plans
- Hydraulic Analysis
- Planning Commission Preliminary Plans
- Provide guidance and information regarding permitting processes.
- Joint WSSC and County staff consultation of construction projects and development.
- Joint WSSC and DPIE issue resolution as part of the development subdivision/site plan approval process.
- Manage plumbing and gas service connection permits electronically via the Momentum portal.
Plumbing inspections are handled by the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission.
To reach WSSC (main office in Laurel), send an email to Plumbingplansreview@wsscwater.com or call 301-206-8886. For more information, call 301-206-4003.