Permit applications are completed online. Please go to the Momentum portal, select Site/Road Permit, and enter the information directly into the County’s Permitting System. Once you have entered the information under Site/Road Permit, write down the application number.
The Maryland Home Improvement Commission (MHIC) has specific requirements for the form and content of every home improvement contract provided by the MHIC licensed contractor. Be sure you are familiar with those requirements before signing any home improvement contract. Home Improvement contractors must be licensed by the Maryland Home Improvement Commission (MHIC). For any questions pertaining to contract contents, what constitutes a home improvement, or the professional standing of a specific home improvement contractor, contact the Maryland Home Improvement Commission (MHIC) at (410) 230–6309 or visit their web site at www.dllr.state.md.us.
Applicant is required to submit a copy of the Site/Plot Plan showing driveway location with dimensions. These drawings will be reviewed by Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, Department of Permitting, Inspections and Enforcement, and a Structural Engineer.
- A Driveway Permit is issued with a one-year expiration date.
- An extension is allowed with the payment of an extension fee.
- Construction must meet County specs and standards.
- Instructions for inspections are provided with the issued permit.
- At least 30 days are required after final acceptance of the permit work to receive refund of a cash bond.