Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I find out if the road fronting along a property is maintained by the County, State Highway Administration, Municipality or private?
- What is the Critical Area?
- Is my property in the Critical Area?
- I live in the Critical Area and I have a dead tree I want to remove. What approvals do I need to remove the tree?
- What projects qualify for a Critical Area Staff Level Review?
- Who do I contact to secure a Critical Area Conservation Plan approval?
- How is the amount of a Critical Area Bond determined?
- What is the process of recording a Critical Area Conservation and Planting Agreement?
- I am having a drainage problem on my property. Who should I call and how can the County assist?
- Do I need a permit to resurface with asphalt my existing gravel driveway?
- What is a driveway apron?
- What are the County design requirements for residential driveways?
- How do I find out if my property has any floodplain on it?
- Do I need a permit to grade behind my yard? When is it necessary to have a Grading Permit?
- Where do I go to apply for a Building or Grading Permit?