2018 IBC Chapter 2, Definitions" Subtitle 4, Section 2-123 Clarification- Requirements affecting the 2018 International Building Code (IBC) Chapter 2 "Definitions" and Subtitle 4, Section 4-123 of the Prince George County Code as amended. The purpose is to clarify the definition of "Raze" as it pertains to a structure and define "Interior Demolition" and "Partial Demolition".
Application and Supporting DocumentsPermit Applications must be entered online.
Who Can Apply
- Owner: Property Owner name must match Maryland State Assessment records or Proof of Ownership must be submitted. Proof of Ownership: Deed and Deed Recording Receipt from Clerk of the Circuit Court for Prince George's County.
- Agent: Applicants that are not the property owner or MHIC contractor must submit the following document: Homeowner Improvement Authorization Letter (PDF)
- Contractor: Must have Maryland Home Improvement Commission license.
Plans and Disconnect (Cutoff Notices) Requirements
- Site Plan (Signed & Sealed) — Show location of project.
- Service Disconnect — You need the following:
- Disconnection Letters — Cutoff notices from all utility companies serving your property (gas, electric, water/sewer — even if there were no utilities to the building) stating that the utility has been disconnected; and
- Health Department Inspection — A letter from the Health Department stating the absence of asbestos.
How Do I Obtain a Raze Permit?
- After receiving the utility cut-off confirmation statements (gas, electric, water), you can apply online for the Raze Permit.
- For more detailed information, click the Health Review Section's "Raze Permit Application: How to Obtain the Health Department Sign-Off Memo" Checklist.
|Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE)
1068 N. Front Street, Room 501, Baltimore, MD 21202
7317 Parkway Drive South, Hanover, MD 21076
|Potomac Electric Power Company (PEPCO)
8300 Old Marlboro Pike, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
Department of Permitting, Inspections and Enforcement (DPIE)
|Southern Maryland Electric Cooperative (SMECO)
PO Box 1937, Hughesville, MD 20637
|Washington Gas and Electric
6801 Industrial Road, Springfield, VA 22151
|Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC)
14501 Sweitzer Lane, Laurel, MD 20707
301-206-4001 or 4003
Processing and Reviewing Agencies
Use ePlan to upload support documents, and required plans and drawings.
Select "eplan" on the online application and upload required documents.
For permit, license and bond fees, view the DPIE Fee Schedule.
Minimum Fee: $ (There is a minimum fee)
Commercial Raze Inspections (Health): $
Residential Raze Inspections (Health): $
Fee Calculation (if higher than minimum): $ + Grading Fee + $ (M–NCPPC)
All permitting fees are assessed an additional five percent (5%) Technology Fee. Fees are subject to change based on County codes. Customers are encouraged to pay online at ePayments. For alternate forms of payment, visit DPIE's Payments page.
Following agencies' approval of plans/drawings and payment of fees, a permit is issued. A permit may be revoked if issued in error. A permit may be void if construction has not started, has been suspended or discontinued.
Modifications to the permit, plans, or drawing require a Permit Revision. Permit Revision applications cannot be entered online. The revised application, plans and drawings must be submitted in the Permits Center, using the following two forms:
Inspections must be requested and conducted at least once every six months. Visit our Inspections Division pages to schedule an inspection.