NEW Virtual Permit Process for Homeowners
DPIE offers homeowners in-person, walk-through service in our Permit Center. This process allows homeowners the ability to meet with plan reviewers and, when necessary, have interactive conversations through video and audio services at the Permit Center or remotely. At the end of the process, in most cases, homeowners are issued their permits on the same day.
Beginning July 1, 2022, homeowners will no longer be required to make an appointment for walk-through permits. Customers will be assisted at the Virtual Permit Center (VPC) on a first-come, first-served basis from 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays. Check-in for your virtual walk-through review by clicking the Virtual Permit Center link.
Click to view a list of eligible permit types.
What to Expect
If you come in person, you will need to check-in with the customer service representative. For your convenience, you may complete this process remotely.
How the Process Works
- Access the Momentum portal.
- Complete and submit your online application and check the "Virtual Walk-Through Submission" option.
- Bring your plans and other documents, on a flash drive, to DPIE.
- You will be directed to a terminal and asked to check in to the Virtual Permit Café.
- You will be required to upload your plans.
- During the virtual session, you will receive email and text messages with updates of the plan review process.
- IMPORTANT: You need to monitor these notifications as you will be required to join a video/audio session with plan reviewers.
- At the end of the review, you will receive a notification to pay for your permit. After completing final fee payment task, a permit will be made available to you through ePlan.