Building Permit applications are to be completed online. Please go to the ePermits Online Portal and enter the information directly into the County's Permitting System.

Gazebo Construction

Gazebos are covered, deck-type leisure structures that are detached from the principal structure. To erect a gazebo of any size, a building permit must be obtained, and site plans showing existing and proposed structure location(s), including well and/or septic (if applicable), must be submitted. Structural plans also are required.

Electrical work for gazebos requires an application for an Electrical Permit by a Master Electrician licensed by the State of Maryland.

If your home is located in a subdivision with a Homeowner’s Association (HOA), a separate approval from the HOA may be necessary. Unless erected by the homeowner, all home improvement projects require that a contractor licensed with the Maryland Home Improvement Commission is used.