Brown Station Road Sanitary Landfill
The Brown Station Road Sanitary Landfill is owned and operated by the Prince George's County Government. This site accepts material from county citizens, residents and local businesses only. Proof of residency is required. Businesses must prove in County generation of waste. The Landfill is permitted by the Maryland Department of the Environment and accepts only municipal solid waste.
The Brown Station Road Sanitary Landfill located at 11611 White House Road in Upper Marlboro is open to the public Monday - Saturday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Pick Up Trucks, Cargo Vans and Trailers: $59 per ton with a minimum $20 deposit, minimum fee $10 for disposing of 320 pounds or less of waste
- Cars, Vans, SUVs: No Charge (No charge Vehicles must be residential in use, without modifications and all of the seats in the vehicle, commercial/commercial-looking vehicles do not qualify)
Construction and demolition debris is not accepted at this facility unless originating from a County residence and delivered by that property's owner. Only one pick-up sized truck per resident per year is allowed and proof of residency is required, such as a driver’s license. See the information on construction and demolition material listed below.
The Landfill has several recycling facilities within the complex, which include the Household Hazardous Waste Acceptance Site and Electronics Recycling Acceptance Site (Thursday,
Fridayand Saturday only) and sites for yard waste, scrap tires and appliances (Monday through Saturday).
Payment made by cash or accounts only. No credit cards or checks will be accepted.
- Standard Rate: $59 per ton
- Metal: $25 per ton (Provided that there are no appliances with Freon and/or Capacitors in them)
- Yard Waste: $45 per ton (Limbs, branches, trees no larger than 8 inches in diameter; and grass, leaves, brush and bushes, no stumps or logs, no plastic bags)
- Tires (Whole Tires/Split/Shredded): $240 per ton
- Animal Carcasses
- Automobiles or related parts
- Chemical and/or petroleum cleanup waste
- Compressed cylinders of any size, shape type or condition (Exception - household-sized
barbequegrill-style propane tanks, which may only be delivered on Thursdays, Fridaysand Saturdays to the Household Hazardous Waste Acceptance Site)
- Construction and demolition debris
- Drums, tanks, kegs, and barrels (plastic and metal) greater than 55
gallonin size and only after the sides are removed and the vessel flattened prior to arrival (All other items require prior approval from the landfill Manager and may require proof of contained product, removal of residue and cleaning)
- Hazardous and bio hazardous/medical wastes
- Liquids, to include sewage and septic waste
- Plastic packing materials and plastic sheeting
- Radioactive material
- Shingles and roofing materials
- Skids and pallets
- Soil, rocks, grubbing material and spoil
- Stumps and logs
Emergency & Temporary/Permanent Closing
During periods of natural and/or manmade disasters, which jeopardize the safety of citizens and personnel, the management may decide to temporarily suspend landfilling operation until the danger subsides. This is especially true and more common during periods of lightning storms. The vast and open area of the Landfill's disposal area is elevated and susceptible to possible hazards. Once operations are interrupted, notification will be arranged and we will resume operation only after the danger or hazard is gone and the area is deemed safe for operations.
Holiday closings are posted at the entrance to the Landfill prior to each date. The Brown Station Road Sanitary Landfill will be closed on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day