Acceptable & Unacceptable Items
NOTE: All items MUST be placed NEXT to the trash cart in order to be collected by the hauler.
- Carpet and padding (must be rolled and tied on ends; limit is 324 sq. ft. - no larger than 18' x 18')
- Console/tube televisions only (NO flat screen models1)
- Doors and cabinets
- Furniture such as sofas, coffee tables, bed head/footboards, dressers, tables, chairs, etc.
- Grills (charcoal and propane tanks must be removed)
- Mattresses and box springs (must be covered in protective plastic encasement)*
- Sinks (kitchen/bathroom only)
- Water heaters and push lawn mowers (Remove the gas tank and drain the oil from lawnmowers)
- No more than two (2) large bags of smaller household items such as knick-knacks, home décor, lamps, small kitchen appliances (i.e., toaster ovens, toasters, blenders, air fryers, crock pots) can be set out instead of two regular bulky items (bags must be heavy duty and have a weight limit of 60 pounds)**
* Mattresses and box springs delivered to the Landfill by residents are not required to be covered in a protective encasement.
** The two (2) large bags count as the two (2) maximum bulky items that can be set out on trash collection day.
Bulky Items Accepted by Appointment Only
Residents can schedule up to four (4) items each appointment for:
- Vehicle Tires (vehicle tires only, no truck tires)
- White goods/large appliances including washing machines, dryers, stoves, furnace or any appliance containing refrigerants (refrigerators, freezers, ice machines, and air conditioning units) (all doors must be taped shut)
For more information about acceptable or non-acceptable bulky items, contact PGC311.
Curbside bulky trash collection is for regular household items and not demolition materials or materials from remodeling/renovations. All County residents are permitted to bring one (1) noncommercial or non-modified pick-up or trailer load of C&D material*** per year to the Landfill (proof of residency required). Learn more here.
- Animal carcasses
- Automobiles or auto parts
- Chemical and/or petroleum cleanup waste
- Compressed cylinders of any size, shape or condition
- Construction and demolition debris (C&D)***
- Drums, tanks, kegs and barrels (plastic and metal) greater than 55 gallons in size unless the sides are removed and the vessel flattened prior to collection
- Electronics such as computers, printers, etc. and flat screen televisions (see below)
- Glass of any type***
- Hazardous and bio-hazardous medical waste
- Home renovation/remodeling debris***
- Household trash
- Liquids, including paint, sewage and septic waste
- Light bulbs of any type
- Materials from evictions, foreclosures, unoccupied properties, commercial properties or apartment complexes***
- Metal poles and playground equipment
- Plastic packing materials and plastic sheeting
- Radioactive material
- Riding lawnmowers
- Shingles, roofing materials***
- Skids and pallets***
- Soil, rocks, grubbing material and spoil***
- Tree stumps and logs
- Televisions (flat screen models; accepted at the Electronics Recycling Acceptance Site) 1
- Windows and siding***
- Wood, wood scraps or lumber (that is not a piece of furniture)***
***C&D debris, home remodeling/renovation materials, and items from evictions, foreclosures, etc. include but are not limited to: asphalt (pavement and siding); bricks; concrete; drywall/gypsum; glass; insulation; masonry; metals; plaster; tree stumps; soil; salvaged building components (metal plumbing fixtures/pipes; shower doors, windows, etc.); steel; roofing material; rock; wood/lumber and wood pallets.
1. Electronics Recycling Acceptance Site is located at the Brown Station Road Sanitary Landfill.