Interior Nat Harbor

All Related FAQs

    Waste Management (Environment)

      Residents can now place UP TO 2 standard bulky items, directly next to your trash toter, for curbside pickup on your regular trash collection day. Learn about the faster and improved curbside bulky trash collection, how to prepare items to ensure pickup, what is accepted, and more at

      Appointments are still required for spare tires and white goods/appliances (washing machines, dryers, furniture, hot water heaters, etc.). To schedule an appointment for white goods/appliances and tires, contact PGC311: online at or by dialing 3-1-1 (if in the County) or 301-883-4748 (if out of the County). 

      Bulky items should be placed at the curb no earlier than the night before your scheduled collection day or by 6 a.m. the morning of your appointment date.

      Household items that are flammable, caustic or toxic are considered to be hazardous. Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) includes:

      • Acids
      • Antifreeze
      • Car Batteries
      • Cleaners
      • Insecticides
      • Oil-Based Paints
      • Poisons
      • Solvents
      • Swimming Pool Chemicals
      • Used Motor Oil

      Citizens and residents can take their household hazardous waste to the Household Hazardous Waste Acceptance Site located at the Brown Station Road Sanitary Landfill, 11611 White House Road in Upper Marlboro on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. For more information concerning household hazardous waste, please call 301-883-5810.

      Learn more with this video on HHW and Electronics Recycling:


      To view a full list of the waste collection holiday schedule, visit Holiday Waste Collection Schedule for more information or contact PGC311.

      Clippings that are left on the lawn will return to the earth and restore natural ingredients to the soil. Additionally, these clippings help to retain moisture, reduce wear and facilitate growth. By not bagging our grass clippings, the cost of waste removal is reduced by 24%. Find more information about Yard Trim Collection.

      Once collected, recyclables are taken to the County’s Materials Recycling Facility (MRF) where the materials are sorted and are either crushed (glass) or baled (newspaper, plastic, aluminum and steel) for shipment to markets. For more information, please watch visit our Residential Recycling program page or watch the video below.





      No plastic bags are allowed in the curbside recycling program including translucent clear plastic bags. These bags can only be used for shredded paper. For more information about the policy, please contact PGC311 or visit Residential Recycling - Unacceptable Items.

      For information about your trash collection service, please contact PGC311 or visit us at Residential Collections.

      All trash must be tied and bagged securely.

      To learn the trash and recycling days for your community, use our online address tool or contact PGC311 to determine your collection day.