Residential Drainage Complaints

One of the responsibilities of the Sustainability Division (SD) is to respond to citizen complaints regarding drainage problems. Drainage complaints range in nature from property flooding to home flooding and include such concerns as erosion and problems associated with sump pump discharges. Groundwater-associated problems are investigated with remedial actions suggested for homeowners, along with the provision of a residential drainage manual. Click link to view manual:  Homeowner’s Guide to Drainage Problems and Solutions


SD investigates an average of 500 complaints a year, some of which evolve into corrective projects. Approximately 25 new drainage projects are initiated each year as a result of either homeowner complaints, referrals by other agencies, and requests by County Council Members.

If you are experiencing drainage problems, submit a service request via PGC311 for assistance.


Contact Residential Drainage Complaints



1801 McCormick Drive
Suite 500
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772