Keep Prince George’s County Beautiful
Keep Prince George's County Beautiful (KPGCB) is a non-profit, 501(c)(3), corporation that partners with the Department of the Environment's Resource Recovery Division to create cleaner, greener, litter-free communities. The organization’s mission is to empower County citizens and residents to take stewardship of their environment by promoting recycling, litter prevention, beautification, and cleanup programs.
Benefiting from its association with the Keep America Beautiful, Inc. (KAB) network of over 700 affiliates and participating organizations and memberships with the Maryland Recycling Network and Prince George’s Chamber of Commerce, KPGCB supports the County through the development and implementation of waste management programs, which include:
- Green Team School Program (in partnership with Prince George’s County Public Schools)
- KAB Cigarette Litter Prevention Program
- KAB Great American Clean-Up
- County-Wide Growing Green with Pride Initiative
- Awards Ceremony
Citizens Concerned for a Cleaner County
The Prince George’s County Council created this volunteer-based outreach organization in 1976 under the name of Citizens Concerned for a Cleaner County (CCCC). In 1995, CCCC became an affiliate of Keep America Beautiful and is currently a member of KAB’s prestigious President’s Circle. A leader, Keep Prince George’s County Beautiful, was the first to obtain KAB affiliation in Maryland. KPGCB welcomes your support.
For more information or how to volunteer, please call (301) 883-5843 or email email@example.com.
In honor of America Recycles Day on November 15th, Keep Prince George’s County Beautiful (KPGCB) and the Department of the Environment (DoE) will host the annual Waste Diversion and Recycling Awards virtual ceremony on Wednesday, January 24, 2024. This event recognizes Prince George’s County individuals, schools, organizations, businesses, and other entities who have demonstrated exceptional achievements in recycling and waste diversion to advance the mission of KPGCB and DoE.
A 2023 nomination form must be submitted on behalf of the nominee, including all relevant and supporting documentation, by midnight on Wednesday, January 3, 2024.
Send your completed nomination form and all supporting documentation via email to RecyclingEvents@co.pg.md.us or by mail to:
- KPGCB Attn: Helen Register
9200 Basil Court, Suite 300
Largo, MD 20774
NOMINATION FORM and GUIDELINES
- Waste Diversion and Recycling Awards 2023_Fillable
- Waste Diversion and Recycling Awards 2023_Fillable_ESPANOL
Become a part of the community contributing to environmental stewardship!
Check out the video below of the 2022 winners for the Prince George’s County America Recycles Day pledge contest.
Prince George's County Public Schools winners of the 2022 Waste Diversion and Recycling Awards:
- Laurel High School
- Scotchtown Hills Elementary School
- Eleanor Roosevelt High School
- Largo High School
- Laurel Elementary School
- Green School Initiative Allison McMahon (Eleanor Roosevelt High School)
- Bond Mill ES, Lauren Gaetz
- Robert Goddard Montessori School Green School, Principal Deatrice Womack and Teacher and Green School Coordinator Tracy Wescott
- C. Elizabeth Rieg Regional School, Principal Adelaide Blake
- Central High School Green Team and Environmental Science Students
Non-Profits, Individuals, Education, and Commercial Business winners of the 2022 Waste Diversion and Recycling Awards:
- Karyn McAlister and Lora Katz, Riverdale Park (Individuals/Volunteers)
- Betty Wise (Individual/Volunteer)
- Robert Goddard Montessori School (Seabrook) Parents Teachers Students Association, Brendan Rohr (Individual/Volunteer)
- Fort Washington Forward (Non-Profit /Volunteer)
- Community Forklift, Katy Kutzner (Non-Profit)
- Bowie State University, Jabari S. Walker (Education)
- Chick-fil-A, Operator Mr. Singletary (Commercial Business)
- Brandywine BP - Service Station, Manager, Pamela McGee (Commercial Business)
- PEPCO Forestville Service Center - Sean Parran Sr, Manager (Commercial Business)
- Montpelier Village Condominium Association, Ms. Mary Slaby, Association President (Multi Housing)
- Lakeside North Apartments, Mr. Andre Dandridge, Assistant Property Manager (Multi Housing)