About the SYEP Program
The Summer Youth Enrichment Program (SYEP) offers County youth and young adults ages 14 to 22 with enriching and constructive summer work experiences in community organizations, private sector companies, and government agencies.
We strive to provide young people with the opportunity to:
- Learn new job skills while working
- Experience professional development opportunities
- Gain exposure to a diverse range of careers
- Participate in job readiness training
- Network with industry leaders
- Build your positive working relationships
- Earn pay for meaningful and rewarding work experiences
Check out our Getting Prepared Guide that's full of tips and information to help you get ready for the summer program.
Applications will be accepted March 1 - March 31.
Do you want more information about the job? Click on the list of descriptions to learn more.
HOW TO APPLY
Need additional help? Here are 6 Steps to Application Completion for guidance.
|March 1, 2023||Application Open|
|March 31, 2023||Applications Closes|
|April 3 - 7, 2023||Eligibility & Next Step Notices Sent to Candidates*|
|April 11 - 28, 2023||Selection & Placement & Offer Notices* |
|May 1 - June 24, 2023||Onboarding for Selected Participants|
|June 29, 2023||Kick-off Celebration|
|July 5, 2023||SYEP Program Begins|
|August 11, 2023||SYEP Program Ends|
|August 11, 2023||Closing Event Celebration|
*Applicants should check their email for notifications.