Important Employment Verification Information
Prince George’s County Government uses The Work Number® to provide automated employment and income verification on our employees. Now you have a couple of options to get the information you need instantly.
Visit theworknumber.com and use a credit card or become a member to get instant web verification.
Call 800-367-5690 and use a credit card or become a member to get a voiced or faxed verification in minutes.
To Obtain Proof of Employment Only
- Contact The Work Number by using one of the above options.
- Follow the prompted instructions.
- You will need the following information:
- Prince George’s County Government’s Employer Code: 13447
- Employee’s Social Security Number provided by the employee.
To Obtain Proof of Employment Plus Income
- Use the instructions for obtaining proof of employment.
- You will need the additional information:
- A Salary Key/Authorization Code provided by the employee. Employees may get a Salary Key by visiting theworknumber.com or calling 800-367-2884.
Resources and Support
For additional questions or more information regarding the benefits of membership, please call:
The Work Number Client Service Center
Monday - Friday; 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. (CST)
Step-by-step instruction guides on how to use The Work Number are included below.
- How to Create a New Account and Logging In to The Work Number
- How to Provide a Quick Employment Verification to a Lender
- How to Generate a Salary Key
- How to Generate Your Own Employee Data Report