Employee Self Service (ESS)
How to Login to Employee Self-Service Portal (ESS)
All employees have an account in the County HR Information System, SAP. The SAP Employee Self-Service portal is available for you to login. The SAP Employee Self-Service (ESS) portal is a web-based portal that provides one-stop access for all Prince George’s County employees to submit, display, and change information. The ESS portal can be accessed from a computer with internet access. You do not need to be connected to the County Government network to access the system. The ESS portal can be accessed using the following steps:
- Open your Internet browser (Acceptable Internet browsers: Internet Explorer (9 or higher), Firefox, Safari, or Chrome)
- Enter the Portal web address: https://portal.sap.mypgc.us/irj/portal
- Enter your User ID (Please note this if the first 12 characters of your County email address; e.g., County Email: JonathanSmith@co.pg.md.us, ESS Login: JonathanSmit is the first 12 characters)
- Enter your initial Password (Please note this must be entered in all capital letters; the initial password will be the first four letters of your User ID and the last 4 numbers of your County Employee ID number; e.g., ESS Login: JonathanSmit, Employee ID number: 12344 = Password: JONA2344)
- Click Log On
If you are unable to login to your ESS account, please contact the OIT Helpdesk for assistance accessing your account at 301-883-5322 or OITServiceDesk@co.pg.md.us.
The following documents are to be completed in ESS and NEOGOV:
- Direct Deposit Authorization Form
- W-4 Federal Tax Form
- State Withholding Tax Form
- Election of Online W-2 Consent
- Emergency Contact Information
How to Complete Required ESS Forms in NEOGOV Onboarding Checklist
- Step 1 - Follow NEOGOV form instructions on completing related form in SAP ESS.
- Step 2 - Access SAP ESS Portal and complete related form.
- Step 3 - Return to NEOGOV form and sign Part 4: ESS Submission Acknowledgement.
- Step 4 - Click Submit button to complete NEOGOV Onboarding Checklist task(s).