The Dental Plan provides coverage for many dental services that you and your eligible dependents may need. The plan offers both network (DMO) or out-of-network (PPO) coverage.
Member Services: 1-877-238-6200
Cost of Coverage
- Fire Civilians Retirees Retired After 7/1/1998 & Police Civilian Retirees Retired After 7/1/1996
- Police, Fire, & Corrections Retirees Retired Before 2/1/2018
- Sheriff Retirees Retired Before 2/1/2018
- All other Retirees, Surviving Spouses, and COBRA
- Police, Fire, & Corrections Retirees Retiring on or After 2/1/2018
- Sheriff Retirees Retiring on or After 2/1/2018
Aetna is the carrier for the County’s Dental Maintenance Organization (DMO) plan. This is a pre-paid dental plan with private practice general dentists and specialists who participate with the plan.
If you enroll in the Aetna DMO plan you must select a Primary Care Dentist (PCD) to use your coverage. The PCD has primary responsibility for managing your dental care. Each DMO member must select a PCD. You can switch your selection as frequently as once per month. To designate your PCD, visit www.aetna.com and click “login”, call Member Services at 1-877-238-6200, or complete a PCD Election Form. If you choose a new PCD on or before the 15th of the month, the change will go into effect on the first day of the following month. For example, if you change your PCD on April 15, the change will take effect May 1, and if you change your PCD on April 16, the change will take effect on June 1.
The plan requires you to pay various co-payments to receive preventive, basic and major services. The plan provides:
- Routine cleanings every 6 months
- Routine extractions by a general dentist
- Most fillings
- No deductibles
- No annual dollar maximums
2023 Plan Materials
- Aetna Dental DMO Dental Benefits Summary (PDF)
- Aetna Dental DMO Pre-Enrollment Flyer (PDF)
- Aetna Dental Programs and Discounts (PDF)
- Aetna Digital Tools (PDF)
- Dental DMO FAQ (Video)
- Aetna Dental Medical Integration Program (PDF)
Aetna administers the County’s dental Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan. The PPO plan allows employees to use a participating dentist (in-network) and provides the flexibility of utilizing a non-participating dentist (out-of-network).
- When using a participating dentist, preventive and basic services are covered at 100% and major services are covered at 60%.
- When using a non-participating dentist, there is a $25 deductible.
- Preventive and basic services are covered at 100% of the usual and customary rate and major services are covered at 50% of the usual and customary rate.
- No referrals.
- No need to choose a primary care dentist.
- Choose any Dentist, find a network Dentist by using the Aetna online directory at www.aetna.com
2023 Plan Materials