Open Enrollment will be held from October 16 through October 30, 2023. Please review the resources and information below to help determine which benefit plans are right for you and your family.
Open Enrollment Resources
Be sure to review these important resources before making your 2024 employee benefit elections:
- A Message from the OHRM Director (PDF)
- Open Enrollment Guide (PDF)
- Open Enrollment Checklist (PDF)
- How to Enroll Guide (PDF)
- Open Enrollment Event Schedule Flyer (PDF)
- Have questions? Contact 301-444-6298 or schedule an appointment in-person or via phone.
- Watch: Open Enrollment Kick-off Event (Video)
2024 Rates & Info
Review the Open Enrollment Guide for 2024 rates and additional information about your benefit elections.
- Read: Open Enrollment Guide (PDF)
- Need help? Contact 301-444-6298 or schedule an appointment in-person or via phone.
How to Enroll
To get started, log into Employee Self-Service (ESS) and review the video and guide below. Please use the Microsoft Edge browser (supported by OIT) for the best ESS experience.
- Watch: How to Enroll (Video)
- How to Enroll Guide (PDF)
- Need help accessing ESS? Contact the OIT Helpdesk at 301-883-5322.
OHRM will host: a virtual Open Enrollment kick-off event on Oct. 16 at 9:30 a.m.; two (2) benefits fairs, where you can speak with County benefit vendors; and several enrollment assistance sessions, where you can get support with enrolling.
- Read: Open Enrollment Event Schedule Flyer (PDF)
We have compiled the most frequently asked questions about Open Enrollment and will add to this list to provide you with the all the info you need during this period.
Please review the following notices:
OHRM Benefits has partnered with a national benefit communication firm for our 2024 Open Enrollment. The Benefits Counselors are ready to explain all benefit options, answer questions, and assist with the online enrollment process. There are three (3) ways to connect with a Benefits Counselor:
- Call: 301-444-6298, Mon. through Fri., 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. during Open Enrollment. You may also call the Benefits team at 301-883-6380 or email them at Benefits@co.pg.md.us.
- Meet: Visit the Benefits Team at 1400 McCormick Drive, Suite 110 or schedule an appointment (in-person or virtual)
- Attend: Join us for one of the Open Enrollment fairs or enrollment assistance sessions.
Eligible retirees are not held to an Open Enrollment period for benefits and may make changes to their benefits selections at any time. To enroll in or make a change to your current retiree benefit elections, please complete and submit the Enrollment Change Form to the Benefits Division. Enroll in a medical, dental, vision or prescription drug plan. Retirees or surviving spouses may drop a plan or a dependent at any time. Surviving spouses, County employees retiring under the MD State Retirement System, Deputy Sheriff’s Comprehensive Plan, and Correctional Officer’s Comprehensive Plan are not eligible to pick up a new benefit(s) unless they have a qualifying event.
- Change plans from one medical or dental option to another.
- Add an eligible dependent who is not currently covered.
- Cancel enrollment in any benefit plan option for you or your dependents.
- Read: Retiree 2024 Benefits Decision Guide (PDF)
Retirees with questions should contact OHRM Benefits at 301-883-6192 or Benefits@co.pg.md.us.