Acceptable / Non-Acceptable Materials
NOTE: All items MUST be placed NEXT to the trash cart in order to be collected by the hauler.
- Carpet and padding (Limit of carpet and padding is 324 sq. ft. - rolled and tied on ends)
- Doors and cabinets
- Furniture: such as sofas, coffee tables, bed head/footboards, dressers, tables, chairs, etc.
- Mattresses and box springs (must be covered in protective plastic encasement)
- Hot water heaters and push lawn mowers (Remove the gas tank and drain the oil from lawnmowers)
- No more than two (2) large bags of smaller household items such as knick-knacks, home décor, small kitchen appliances (i.e., toaster ovens, toasters, blenders, air fryers, crock pots) can be set out instead of two regular bulky items. The two (2) large bags count as the two (2) maximum bulky items that can be set out on trash collection day. Bags have a weight limit of 60 pounds.
- Effective February 1, 2019, for the health and safety of staff, Prince George’s County residents requesting curbside collection of Bulky items will be required to completely cover mattresses and box springs in a protective plastic covering.
- Mattresses and box springs delivered to the Landfill by residents are not required to be covered in a protective encasement.
- Animal carcasses
- Automobiles or auto parts
- Chemical and/or petroleum cleanup waste
- Compressed cylinders of any size, shape or condition
- Construction and demolition debris
- Drums, tanks, kegs and barrels (plastic and metal) greater than 55 gallons in size unless the sides are removed and the vessel flattened prior to collection
- Hazardous and bio-hazardous medical waste
- Home renovation/remodeling debris
- Household trash
- Liquids, including paint, sewage and septic waste
- Materials from evictions, foreclosures, unoccupied properties, commercial properties or apartment complexes
- Plastic packing materials and plastic sheeting
- Radioactive material
- Riding lawnmowers
- Shingles, roofing materials
- Skids and pallets
- Soil, rocks, grubbing material and spoil
- Stumps and logs
- Wood (unless it is a piece of furniture)
Bulky Items Accepted by Appointment Only
Residents can schedule up to four (4) items each appointment for:
- Vehicle Tires (vehicle tires only, no truck tires)
- White Goods (includes washing machines and dryers, refrigerators, freezers, stoves)
For more information about acceptable or non-acceptable bulky items, contact PGC311.