Sustainable Energy Resources
“OCS Sustainable Energy does not endorse, sponsor, or otherwise make any representation or warranty with respect to any contractor or the work, materials, or services provided by any contractor.”
RESOURCES FOR RESIDENTS
The Transforming Neighborhoods Initiative (TNI) is an effort by the County to focus on uplifting neighborhoods in the county that face significant economic, health, public safety and educational challenges. Through this initiative, the county will improve the quality of life in those neighborhoods, while identifying ways to improve service delivery throughout the county for all residents.
- Quick Home Energy Check up (QHEC)
- Pepco's Home Performance with Energy Star
For only $100 (discounted from the normal price of $400),Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) Home Energy Assessment looks at how a combination of improvements can result in a more comfortable home, as well as lower energy consumption and costs.
- OCS Sustainable Energy Program Implementation Plan including grant applicability information
- Housing Initiative Partnership (HIP) Housing Rehabilitation Assistance Program
HIP creates housing and economic security for low- and moderate-income households and provides services that improve the quality of life in the communities we serve.
The program is a construction based resource which provides qualified moderate to low income homeowners’ necessary health and safety related home repairs as well as eligible Weatherization Services (air sealing, insulation, some appliance replacement, HVAC system upgrades), Critical Home Repairs (accessibility modifications, repair or replacement of critical home components like roofs and windows), and Minor Home Repairs (exterior paint, porch repair, gutter/soffit/facsia repair).
Find a Participating Contractor near you and get started with Home Performance ENERGY STAR
This is the surcharge on your Pepco bill called EmPOWER MD charges. These are for programs to include lighting and appliance rebates for homeowners, Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (including home energy assessments and 50% rebates for energy improvements like insulation and air sealing), commercial lighting rebates, and energy efficiency services for industrial facilities
Maryland's EmPOWER Program helps low-income households with installation of materials and equipment at no charge.
The updated Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency helps homeowners and businesses find incentive programs that can reduce or defray installation or purchase costs of technologies like photovoltaic systems.
The Maryland Energy Administration manages grants, loans, rebates, and tax incentives designed to help attain Maryland's goals in energy reduction, renewable energy, climate action, and green jobs. Through the programs below, MEA helps Maryland residents, businesses, non-profits, and local governments implement energy efficiency upgrades and install renewable energy systems.
The Department of Permitting, Inspections, and Enforcement is responsible for coordinating and enforcing standards that control what goes on before, during and after construction.
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program, administered by Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD)'s Community Planning and Development Division, provides annual grants on a formula basis to entitled municipalities and non-profit organizations.
SOLAR RESOURCES FOR RESIDENTS
- Prince George's County - Solar and Geothermal Residential Property Tax Credit
- The Maryland Energy Administration Residential Clean Energy Grant Program
- Energy Sage
- The easiest way to go solar! Installers compete for your business to give you more options and the best deal. Free instant solar estimate. For homes, businesses & non-profits.
RESOURCES FOR COMMERCIAL PROPERTIES AND BUSINESSES
- For a glossary of energy and energy-efficiency related terms, visit the U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy (EERE) Glossary of Energy-Related Terms.
- ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager Glossary
- Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships Mid-Atlantic Technical Reference Manual
- EmPOWER Maryland Incentives
- Maryland Renewable Energy Portfolio Standard Program - Register solar systems to generate and sell solar renewable energy credits (SRECs)
- Find a Service Provider /Trade Alley
- Prince George’s County’s Supplier Development and Diversity Division (SDDD) maintains a directory of certified Prince George’s County suppliers as providers of goods & services, and/or contractors. SDDD strongly believes the certified firms in each directory have the skill and capability to deliver quality services and products. Applicants can visit Supplier Directories or call 301-883-6480 for assistance.
- Pepco’s Trade Ally Network for C&I customers: https://cienergyefficiency.pepco.com/FindAllyList.aspx
- Resource for Green Leasing best practices
- IMT and Better Building's run this recognition program for those in the real estate community who have successfully used green leasing in their operations. The website contains award requirements and past recipients. www.greenleaselibrary.com:
For more information visit the Green Lease Leaders application. The site provides examples of green lease activities and responses are not limited to the examples provided.