Nuisance Abatement Board
- 9:30 a.m.
- 3rd Thursday of every month
- 9400 Peppercorn Place
Largo, MD 20774
There are seven members.
- Fire Department Representative
- Police Department Representative
- Department of Permitting, Inspections and Enforcement Representative
- 4 citizens appointed by the County Executive
Additional support provided by:
- Prince George’s County Office of Law
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe board shall hear complaints which allege that any premises constitute a public nuisance. Upon receipt of such allegation, the board shall give notice and an opportunity for a hearing to determine whether a public nuisance exists. If the Board determines a nuisance exists, it will render a decision to immediately cease the activity and may impose a monetary fine. The 1st violation is $500 and the 2nd violation is $1000. The Police Department may issue a criminal violation in lieu of a civil citation.
The Nuisance Abatement Board (NAB) was created for residents that experience within a 1-year period on the same property two or more occurrences of disorderly acts that disturb the public peace such as:
- Gatherings for which admission/entry fees, cover charges, ticket sales, food or beverage sales or adult entertainment charges (prostitution, human trafficking) result in personal profit to the homeowner or organizer; or
- Gatherings for the purpose of illegally administering a controlled substance, illegal criminal gang activity or activities which endanger the health, life, or safety - or obstruct the quiet enjoyment and reasonable use - of property or persons in a particular area, and are reported to local, state or County agencies with the authority to cite for non-compliance activity per the County Code.