Prince George’s County offers assistance resolving cable service issues with franchised providers Comcast and Verizon.
Customers are welcome to attempt to resolve their cable issues with their cable provider; however, if the cable provider does not resolve the issues, the County will work to obtain relief through the Cable Commission. This includes complaints regarding:
- Billing and credit
- Cable service interruptions
- Damage from cable provider construction to yards
- Damage to outside cable equipment
- Other construction issues
Types of Complaint Resolution Services
- The Cable Commission has the authority to enforce the customer service provision agreed to by Comcast and Verizon in their franchise agreements with the County.
- The Cable Commission also has the authority to enforce the cable compliance provisions of the County Code.
- Under State law, the Maryland Public Service Commission has the authority to address landline telephone and DSL issues. The Office of Consumer Protection can assist with mobile telephone billing issues.
- The Federal Communications Commission will also accept complaints regarding:
- Do not call violation complaints
- Program contact
Billing & Credit Complaints
Cable customers are entitled to fair and accurate billing. The Cable Commission can address issues regarding charged fees for service not ordered, failure to receive an offered credit, payment posting, the end of promotional rates, etc.
Cable Service Interruptions
The Cable Commission can request that the cable provider check its outside wiring into your home and any cable operator-supplied equipment to determine if there is a technical problem. The Cable Commission can also, in some cases, obtain credits for service interruptions.
The Cable Commission can also request cable providers perform on-site inspections to assist consumers with cable equipment located in yards and throughout neighborhoods. Complaints regarding damage to outside cable equipment, temporary cables, and damage to yards from cable construction can be reported directly to the Cable Commission.
Submitting a Complaint
The Prince George's County Cable Television Commission is available to assist you in problem resolution; however, we encourage you to attempt a resolution directly with the cable provider where possible.
For assistance with the resolution of billing issues, cable service interruptions, construction complaints, or credit requests, please provide the following information when submitting a cable complaint:
Daytime Contact Phone
Cable Provider (Comcast or Verizon)
Response from Cable Provider (what action was taken to resolve the issue)
How to File a Complaint
If you have a complaint about any aspect of your cable service, you are welcome to file a complaint by: