Become a CFW Volunteer
Prince George’s County Commission for Women Volunteer Interest Form
The Prince George’s County Commission for Women (CFW) frequently engages volunteers to help develop and implement various committee initiatives and activities that seek to advance the lives of women and girls in Prince George’s County. Volunteers are being sought for the Legislative; Public Relations and Community Affairs; and Media Subcommittees. Please review the list of committee descriptions and strategic priorities for 2020.
If you are interested in serving as a volunteer, please review the below referenced information and complete the form below. If you have any questions, please email or call 301-778-4381.
Experience and Qualifications for Volunteers
- A resident or strong supporter of Prince George’s County
- Demonstrated leadership experience from professional, community, non-profit or volunteer activities
- Possess high ethical standards
- Available to participate in committee meetings and CFW events with ongoing responsibilities throughout the year, or as needed
Personal Attributes. Leading candidates should possess a majority of the following personal attributes:
- Commitment to the mission of the CFW and to the betterment of women and girls in Prince Georges County
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Emotional intelligence
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to keep on message and be cognizant of others’ time and viewpoints
- Commitment to being an active and engaged volunteer