Customer Service

Prince George’s County offers assistance resolving cable service issues with franchised providers Comcast and Verizon.

Customers are welcome to attempt to resolve their cable issues with their cable provider; however, if the issues are not resolved by the cable provider, the County will work to obtain the relief through the Cable Commission. This includes complaints regarding:
  • Damage from cable provider construction to yards
  • Damage to outside cable equipment
  • Other construction issues
Types of Complaint Resolution Services
  • The Cable Commission has the authority to enforce the customer service provision agreed to by Comcast and Verizon in their franchise agreements with the County.
  • The Cable Commission also has the authority to enforce the cable compliance provisions of the County Code.
  • Under State law, the Maryland Public Service Commission has authority to address landline telephone and DSL issues. The Office of Consumer Protection can assist with mobile telephone billing issues.
  • The Federal Communications Commission will also accept complaints regarding:
    • “Cramming”
    • “Slamming”
    • Accessibility
    • Do not call violation complaints
    • Program contact
Billing & Credit Complaints
Cable customers are entitled fair and accurate billing. The Cable Commission can address issues regarding charged fees for service not ordered, failure to receive an offered credit, payment posting, end of promotional rates, etc.

Cable Service Interruptions
The Cable Commission can request that the cable provider check its outside wiring into your home and any cable operator-supplied equipment to determine if there is a technical problem. The Cable Commission can also, in some cases, obtain credits for service interruptions.

Construction Complaints
The Cable Commission can also request cable providers perform on-site inspections to assist consumers with cable equipment located in yards and throughout neighborhoods. Complaints regarding damage to outside cable equipment, temporary cables, and damage to yards from cable construction can be reported directly to the Cable Commission.

Submitting a Complaint
For more information, visit our Submitting Cable Complaints page.