Cable Television Commission
- 6 p.m.
- The 4th Wednesday of every month
- Largo Government Center
9201 Basil Court
- View Meeting Calendar
- Note - Please note that the schedule is subject to change due to holidays or inclement weather. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Note for Internet Explorer users: be advised of the "Please Stand By" text in the video header when selecting the online streaming link. The live stream of the monthly meeting will be viewable at the start of the meeting.
View all past Cable Television Commission Monthly meetings in the Boards and Commissions playlist on the Prince George's County government YouTube Channel.
Because schedules can and do change, we advise you contact the Cable Television Division at 301-952-3990 to confirm the date and time of the next meeting.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Cable Commission was formed through the establishment of Prince George’s County Code 5A-119. The Cable Commission adjudicates subscriber complaints involving customer cable service or any other cable-related product or service.
The mission of the Prince George's County Cable Commission is to advocate for and protect the public interest in the regulation and the development of the cable communications systems.
- One of said members shall have practical experience and/or educational qualifications in the field of cable television.
- One of said members shall be a Certified Public Accountant.
- 3 members shall be of the public at large, provided that one of said members shall be a representative of the Prince George's Municipal Association.
- The Chairman of the Commission shall be a public member, designated by the County Executive and confirmed by the Council pursuant to Section 322 of the Charter. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Limitations of the Cable Commission
The Cable Commission has the authority to assist customers with billing and credits, service quality, service interruptions and outages, and damage from construction issues. The Cable Commission has no authority to order the cable providers to carry specific channels, offer a per channel pricing, or reduce the cost of cable service. The Cable Commission only has authority to ensure that the rates for cable equipment and basic services (local broadcast and cable channels) comply with federal rate regulations.
- Commission meetings are available online live and on demand 24 hours after the meeting has been concluded.
- All live commission meetings are listed on the calendar. If a meeting is going live, it will be displayed below.
- At the completion of the commission meeting, viewers may experience a blank screen. In the case of a blank screen, please close viewer. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
For senior citizen discounts on expanded basic and preferred service to subscribers 65 years or older, please contact your cable provider for more information or review our frequently asked questions (PDF).
As a safety precaution, we recommend that customers request Comcast and Verizon employees show proper identification prior to performing any service call.