The Office of Finance is dedicated to maximizing available resources and delivering creative and innovative financial services to a wide range of internal and external customers of the County.
About the Office of Finance
- Controls all cash and investments to assure maximum safety, liquidity and yield.
- Collects all revenues and receipts due to the County, including property taxes.
- Conducts tax sales to collect delinquent property taxes.
- Processes and/or monitors payments to vendors, employees, or other payees for goods, services, and other liabilities.
- Processes biweekly payroll for 6,000 employees and monthly payroll for 2,000 retirees.
- Certifies availability of funds for payment of liabilities and obligations.
- Maintains system of accounts and records for all financial transactions.
- Reports results of financial operations using established reporting standards and methods.
- Facilitates annual financial audit process.
- Supports the legislative process - including composing and reviewing draft resolutions and bills, esp., those involving complex financial issues.