Residents may contact the Office of Highway Maintenance (OHM) for help figuring out who handles drainage issues.
The OHM does functional maintenance twice per year. This includes mowing, trash removal and clearing obstructions to the flow of water.
Responsibility of streams depends on its location.
- Private property – property owner
- Park property – Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission
- Storm drainage channels kept by the County – Office of Highway Maintenance
We maintain the landscape of county rights-of-way. This includes:
- Mowing of medians and side of roads
- Clearing of brush
- Storm drain channel and pond mowing
For more information please view our Mowing Program Fact Sheet.
Public Transportation System
We offer many means of transit for the movement of people and goods. We constantly work to ensure that travelers have a well-planned, maintained, and accessible and system.