Microtransit - PGC Link
Microtransit - PGC Link Update
Prince George’s Link has arrived in Accokeek!
The affordable and convenient transportation option which is currently offered in the Fort Washington zone is now available in Accokeek. The expanded service area covers more COVID vaccinations sites, restaurants, shopping centers, medical offices, park and ride lots and more in Accokeek along MD Route 210 (Indian Head Highway) south to MD Route 228 (Berry Road). Specifically, the expanded service area includes the Accokeek Shopping Center that features Weis Market, Accokeek Branch Library and the regional Park and Ride lot. On the southern end, the Manokeek Shopping Center is also served to provide access to groceries (Giant Food Store), banking, and restaurants.
PGC Link will continue to serve the Oxon Hill and Fort Washington areas and provide access to activity centers such as MGM, Top Golf, and medical services in the Fort Washington Hospital, various CVS pharmacies, as well as other specialty clinics.
PGC Link Overview
- Service Hours: 10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, accepts only same day reservations.
- Wait times for service are subject to vehicle availability and demand.
- Service Area: I-495 on the north, the Potomac River on the west, Old Fort Road on the south, Bock Road, and the communities of Palmers Corner, Friendly, Fort Washington Forest on the west, Accokeek and Berry Road-MD 228 on the south.
- In the South County -Fort Washington service area, you can take PGC Link anywhere within the 22-square mile service area. Passengers will not be picked up or dropped off in areas outside the zone.
- Popular Destinations: connects riders to the Old Forte Village Shopping Center, Fort Washington Hospital, National Harbor, Harmony Hall, Tanger Outlets, Livingston Square, MGM Casino, Accokeek Branch Library and Accokeek Park & Ride.
- Fare: $2 with the Transloc app. Cash, Tokens and SmarTrip cards are not accepted on PGC Link vehicles.
- Transfer Opportunities: PGC Link customers can transfer to TheBus Route 35 and Metrobus NH1 at the Oxon Hill Park and Ride Lot, and bus stops along Oxon Hill Road wet of Livingston Road serving Metrobus NH1 and W14 and bus stops along Palmer Road serving TheBus Route 37.
How To Use the Microtransit App
- Click the Google Play or Apple App Store to go to your app store and search 'TransLoc' to download the app.
- Open the app and select OnDemand to find the Prince George's Link service, then tap the screen to book a ride.
- Confirm your pick-up location and select your drop-off location. These must be within the service's region parameters shown on the map. Change your pick-up time by tapping 'ASAP' and selecting a new time and date to schedule your ride ahead of time.
- Select the number of passengers with you, and if you need a wheelchair-accessible vehicle. Tap 'Request Ride' when ready.
- The first time you use the app, the system will require you to log in or create an account* with TransLoc (the company behind the app).
*This is a free account, and your information will not be shared, however, you will need to include your mobile phone number in case we need to contact you about your ride.
- Keep the app open to stay informed on your ride status.
Following a PGC Link ride request, the Transloc app will provide passengers with an estimated pick-up time, track their vehicle bus in real-time, and alert them when their ride is about to arrive.
NOTE: In response to COVID-19, PGC Link will adhere to safety protocols including a 2-3 passenger maximum on service vehicles. Also, strict sanitization standards will be in effect as the microtransit service vehicles will be cleaned and disinfected daily.
Need help, or have a comment?
If we haven’t answered your question, please contact us at email@example.com, call customer service at 301-324-2877, or leave a comment through the County’s 311 reporting system dialing 3-1-1 if you are inside the County and dialing 301-883-4748 if you are outside of the County. Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. except Federal and County holidays. For hearing impaired: Maryland Relay 711.