Microtransit - PGC Link
Beginning November 9, 2020, the Prince George’s County Department of Public Works and Transportation (DPW&T) launched a pilot neighborhood on-demand service, known as “PGC Link”, in the Fort Washington Area.
DPW&T’s new on demand transit service helps you get around in defined neighborhoods. PGC Link has no fixed stops or schedules – it comes to your door when you book a ride during service hours.
PGC Link Overview
- Service Hours: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday through Saturday, accepts only same day reservations.
- Wait times for service are subject to vehicle availability and demand.
- Service Area: I-495 on the north, the Potomac River on the west, Old Fort Road on the south, Bock Road, and the communities of Palmers Corner, Friendly, and Fort Washington Forest on the west.
- In the South County -Fort Washington service area, you can take PGC Link anywhere within the 17-square mile service area. Passengers will not be picked up or dropped off in areas outside the zone.
- Popular Destinations: connects riders to the Old Forte Village Shopping Center, Fort Washington Hospital, National Harbor, Harmony Hall, Tanger Outlets, Livingston Square and MGM Casino.
- Fare: $2 with the Transloc app. Cash, Tokens and Smartrip cards are not accepted on PGC Link vehicles.
- Transfer Opportunities: PGC Link customers can transfer to TheBus Route 35 and Metrobus NH1 at the Oxon Hill Park and Ride Lot, and bus stops along Oxon Hill Road wet of Livingston Road serving Metrobus NH1 and W14 and bus stops along Palmer Road serving TheBus Route 37.
How to use the Microtransit app
1. Go to your app store and search 'TransLoc' to download the app. Click to download:Google Play or Apple App Store.
Following a PGC Link ride request, the Transloc app will provide passengers
with an estimated pick-up time, track their vehicle bus in real-time, and alert them when their
ride is about to arrive.
NOTE: In response to COVID-19, PGC Link will adhere to safety protocols including a 2-3 passenger maximum on service vehicles. Also, strict sanitization standards will be in effect as the microtransit service vehicles will be cleaned and disinfected daily.
Need help, or have a comment?
If we haven’t answered your question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call customer service at 301-324-2877, or leave a comment through the County’s 311 reporting system dialing 3-1-1 if you are inside the County and dialing 301-883-4748 if you are outside of the County. Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. except Federal and County holidays. For hearing impaired: Maryland Relay 711.