The Prince George’s County Department of Social Services provides an array of programs designed to help families face today’s issues. The services are designed to assist the family and develop new ways of communicating, coping with and overcoming barriers to their well-being.
The following program areas are available to assist County residents:
- Child Protective Services - provides a comprehensive assessment to respond to allegations of abuse/neglect.
- Family Preservation - provides assistance to keep the family unit together.
- Foster Care - provides assistance for children who are temporarily removed from their home or who transition out of our care.
- Adoption - provides services for children who cannot return to their biological parents.
- Adult Resources - provides services to assist elderly or vulnerable adults.
Our goal is to promote communities where children grow up safe from abuse, neglect, and dependency, where adults are protected from violence, and where parents can receive strength in their capacity to keep their family safe.
Ensure Children's Safety
To ensure children’s safety that are in the care and custody of the Department of Social Services, we have a panel of concerned community advocates who review these cases and provide recommendations and guidance throughout the life of a child’s case. Click Citizen Review Panel for more information.
To report allegations of abuse/neglect, please call 301-909-2450 during normal business hours. To make a report after hours or during the weekend, please call 301-699-8605.