Child Protective Services
The Prince George’s County Department of Social Services recognizes that it is the responsibility of adults to keep children safe.
What is Child Abuse & Neglect?
- Abuse can be physical, sexual, emotional or a combination of any or all of these. The abuse does not have to necessarily be visible
- The failure to give proper care and attention to a child, leaving a child unattended where the child’s health or well-being is harmed
- An act or acts involving sexual molestation or exploitation whether physical injuries are sustained or not
- The impairment of a child’ s mental or psychological ability to function
To Report Child Abuse & Neglect Call: 1-800-917-7383
To make a report, be prepared to provide:
- The name and home address of the child and the caregiver
- The present location of the child
- The age of the child (or approximate age)
Child Protective services Investigations are conducted in a trauma focused, child-friendly manner by
professionals trained to assess and discern the safety and wellbeing of child victims of abuse and
maltreatment. The Department of Social Services follows the laws, policies, and practices set forth by
federal, state, and local government.
To Learn More About the Signs and How to Spot Child Abuse and Neglect, visit our website.