The Prince George’s County Department of Social Services assists families and individuals in Prince George’s County with temporary and on-going assistance. To provide you with exceptional service, we will work in a comprehensive manner to promote independence through work and encourage personal responsibility. The needs of families are met on a case-by-case basis as we work with independence.
- SNAP- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps)
- Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA)
- Temporary Disability Assistance Program (TDAP)
- Emergency Assistance to Families with Children (EAFC)
- Prince George's County Health Connect
- Medicaid for Medicare Recipients
- Medicaid for Families & Children
These programs help families and individuals achieve independence. Click any of the highlighted programs above to get immediate information about that program.
There are a number of ways you can apply for assistance:
In general, you will need to provide the following information and documentation for program eligibility.:
- Proof of residency
- Valid identification
- Birth certificates and valid Social Security numbers for all members of your household
- A record of monthly expenses and bills paid for the last 30 days
- Proof of total household income: wage stubs for past 30 days, any benefits received, i.e. Unemployment Insurance Program
- Social Security, Civil Service Annuity, etc.
Other pertinent information that may be required to process your application
Visit Maryland Department of Human Services for more detailed information about Family Investment.
Interpretation Services are available free of charge for limited English proficiency customers.
**The Prince George’s County Department of Social Services receives an enormous amount of mail on a daily basis. Should you choose to mail your application and supporting documents to us, we suggest that you obtain a signature receipt or send your correspondence by certified mail.