In response to COVID-19, the Department of Public Works and Transportation is extending the expiration date of Taxi Certificates and Identification cards to July 31 2020. Should you have any questions please contact the office at 301-883-5656.
The taxi industry provides essential services. The CDC has released detailed recommendations for the taxi industry and passengers to implement in efforts of reducing COVID-19 spread. Click here to review this information.
The following links provide COVID-19 information, resources and cleaning guidance:
Prince George's County Information and Resources
CDC Cleaning and Disinfecting Reopening Preparations
International Association of Transportation Regulations Information and Resources
Taxicab Service in Prince George's County, Maryland is available throughout Prince George's County and is provided by several licensed operators. All licensed cabs operate on a meter system in a safe, comfortable, efficient and affordable taxicab experience in well-equipped vehicles operated by qualified individuals who have knowledge of the county's streets and strive to provide excellent customer service.
Our goal is to protect the safety and welfare of our citizens by ensuring that businesses and individuals comply with county taxicab licensing laws by enforcing the codes and regulations in a fair and professional manner.
To view Taxicab rates and Taxicab Bill of Rights click here.
Certification and licensing forms provided below:
Taxi Identification Card Application
PG Certificate Transfer Application
PG Certificate Change of Vehicle
The Taxicab Licensing Section provides the following services:
- Inspection of the taxicab and fare meter to ensure the high safety and customer services standards set forth in the County Code and that the citizens of the County deserves.
- Efficient enforcement of the taxicab Code by County investigator.
- Renewal of Prince George's Taxi certificates and change of vehicle processing.
- Streamlined process for issuing new and renewal of taxi driver license.
- Investigation of complaints of poor quality service.