Domestic Violence Assistance
Join the Department of Family Services for a new installment of the Men’s Challenge Initiative – a series of group discussions that seeks to influence men and boys through conversations about developing healthy relationships. See below for a full list of discussion topics and meeting dates.
Tuesday, January 16, 2024 | Human Trafficking: It’s Happening in Your Community
Presenter: Jamie Sokolis, M.S., CA
Tuesday, February 6, 2024 | Eliminating Violence Using Violence De-escalation and Reactionary Masculinity Behavior
Presenters: Prince Hamn and Chris Thomas
Tuesday, February 20, 2024 | The Joys, Challenges, Benefits,and Sacrifices of Fatherhood
Presenter: Bruce Edwards, Esq and the Prince George’s County Commission on Fathers Men and Boys
Learn more about the Red Flags of Domestic Violence Virtual Symposium
Watch the virtual Girls Talk: A Queen’s Worth event.
Join Us Saturday, March 20th, for a Conversation About Health & Wellness
Teen Summit: No Excuse for Dating Abuse
See Photos from the Love United Mother Daughter Tea
See Photos from the Event
See Photos of the Event
The Domestic Violence and Human Trafficking Division:
- Assists in the coordination of services and programs for individuals impacted by domestic violence, human trafficking or sexual assault
- Collaborates with stakeholders
- Identifies gaps in services
- Develops programs and services to meet the unique needs of our community
- Advocates for victims of intimate partner violence, domestic violence, human trafficking, sexual assault and their families
Domestic Violence is a behavior used by one person in a relationship to control the other person. Partners may be married, dating, co-habituating, domestic partners or in a civil union.
More Information about the who can be victims and what abuse look likes is available:
Get more information about common myths of domestic violence.
Where to Get Help
|Community Crisis Services, Inc. (Emergency Shelter)
|Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence
|Prince George's County Sheriff's Office Domestic Violence Unit
|Prince George's County Police Dept. Domestic Violence Unit
|University of Maryland Hospital Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Center
|House of Ruth (24-Hour Hotline)
|Community Advocates for Family and Youth (CAFY)
|Prince George's County Family Justice Center
|Prince George's County Child & Adult Protective Services
In an effort to expand our outreach efforts, we encourage you to incorporate our Domestic Violence Prevention Memes and webinar into your services, events and programs.
Myths & Truths
- Domestic violence does not affect many people. False: It affects approximately one million people in the U.S. every year and 85% of victims are women.
- Domestic violence is just a momentary loss of temper. False: The abuser makes a conscious decision to abuse. Loss of temper is a tool to enforce control through fear, and its part of a pattern of abuse.
- Events Calendar