Commitment to Business
SDDD is the "Connection to Resources and Opportunities." In that role, SDDD is the primary advocate for local, small, disadvantaged, minority and veteran-owned businesses seeking to do business with Prince George's County Government. By strongly advocating and outreaching to Prince George's County Businesses, we ensure that there are strategic sourcing opportunities and assure that local businesses are afforded an equitable share or procurements and contracted dollar opportunities.
SDDD maintains and recruits businesses to register for certification in the Certification & Compliance System (CCS). In collaboration with the Contracts Administration & Procurement (CAP) division; businesses registered in CCS, will receive information of all procurement opportunities within Prince George’s County Government.
SDDD also provides education and training opportunities to ensure businesses have the competency and capacity to meet the demands of the procurement and strategic partnership opportunities.
SDDD is proud to serve business professionals in Prince George's County. We offer the following key benefits:
- Initial Certification to local and diverse businesses as a County-based business (CBB, a County-based Small business (CBSB), and County-located business (CLB).
- Annual recertification to local and diverse businesses
- Reciprocal Minority Business Enterprise certification, if you currently have a MBE certification in good standing with one (1) of the following partner entities:
- Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT),
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA),
- Capital Region Minority Supplier Development Council (CRMSDC)
- Women Presidents' Educational Organization (WPEO),
- or U.S. Pan Asian Chamber of Commerce (USPAACC).
- Expansion of Services-add additional Industry Codes
- Reassessments - Changes to the business locations, or substantial changes in tax returns, verification of Gross Receipts, or Industry Codes
- Programs to prepare you to create and implement highly successful strategies for organizational excellence that give you and your organization a competitive edge in today's global marketplace.
- Preference points on Prince George's County contracts as a designated local and diverse business
- Building a stronger economy
By becoming a Certified Business (CB), you will receive preference in procurement opportunities offered by Prince George's County. The CB program helps position your business to better compete in contracting opportunities.