Who We Are
The General Services Division (GSD) is responsible for the overall management and direction of the County’s records center, consolidated warehouse, graphics center, reproduction centers, mail and courier services, and surplus personal property. The Division is divided into the following areas of responsibilities:
- Asset Management
- Confiscated Vehicle Management
- Graphics and Reproduction Services
- Inventory Control
- Mail and Courier Services
- Records Management and Storage
- Surplus Property Redistribution and Disposal
- Warehousing and Delivery Services
What We Do
The General Services Division:
- Operates a state of the art copy center, and oversees nineteen self service copiers located in various county facilities.
- Prepares large mailings, such as jury notices and tax bills for delivery by the United States Postal Services.
- Manages an inventory of 860 stock items valued at $1.1 million for distribution to county agencies and local municipalities.
- Administers the County’s Fixed (Capital) Asset Inventory, valued at over $66.9 million.
- Produces high-speed quality documents and newsletters for all county agencies.
- Administers the County Records Management Program, which includes the storage of over 19,000 cartons through an automated indexing process; and provides pickup of records for storage and destruction in compliance with retention guidelines.
- Administers the acceptance, storage and sale of the County’s surplus personal, forfeited, confiscated and abandoned property. Disposal of property is achieved via spot bid sales, generating revenue for the County’s General and Crime Solvers Funds.
7600 Jefferson Avenue
Landover, Maryland 20785
Main: (301) 883-0330
Fax: (301) 883-0398
Mail & Couriers Services
Graphics & Reproduction Center