How do I dispose of items such as oil-based paints and pesticides?

Household items that are flammable, caustic or toxic are considered to be hazardous. Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) includes:

  • Acids
  • Antifreeze
  • Car Batteries
  • Cleaners
  • Insecticides
  • Oil-Based Paints
  • Poisons
  • Solvents
  • Swimming Pool Chemicals
  • Used Motor Oil

Citizens and residents can take their household hazardous waste to the Household Hazardous Waste Acceptance Site located at the Brown Station Road Sanitary Landfill, 11611 White House Road in Upper Marlboro on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. For more information concerning household hazardous waste, please call 301-883-5810.

Learn more with this video on HHW and Electronics Recycling:


Related questions