What are the requirements to receive a grant from the Clean Energy Program?
There are 3 basic requirements for grant eligibility:
- Be a utility customer of Pepco or Washington Gas;
- Live within an Energy Resiliency Community (ERC) area; and
- It is also required that Prince George’s County residents have, or will, apply to the applicable EmPOWER Maryland incentive programs as a Pepco customer:
- Home Performance With ENERGY STAR Program (HPwES): https://homeenergysavings.pepco.com/home-performance-with-energy-star-program
- *Low Income Energy Efficiency Program (LIEEP): https://homeenergysavings.pepco.com/income-eligible-energy-efficiency-program; https://dhcd.maryland.gov/Residents/Pages/lieep/default.aspx
*must meet low-income qualification in chart below to be considered for LIEEP; if not, then you are considered a market-rate resident and would participate in HPwES.